Organizing holiday decorations and storing seasonal items is a common concern among homeowners. Here are tips to help you safely store and organize holiday decorations.Create a designated location to store decorations. Climate controlled storage is best, perhaps in an extra closet in a bonus room, guest room or spare room.
- Label each box, so you will easily know what is inside.
- Use plastic bins with lids for smaller items. Make sure the bins are not too large or too heavy to move.
- Outdoor decorations can be stored in large plastic lidded bins, or large sealed bags.
- Lights and garland can be stored on a spool in a light storage reel bag.
- Artificial trees can be stored in bags such as these Christmas tree storage bags.
- Wreaths can be kept in a wreath storage bag or in a plastic wreath storage box.
- Use cardboard dividers or plastic ornament storage boxes with built-in dividers to store ornaments.
- Add a fragile label to boxes with breakable ornaments, and add bubble wrap help protect those items
- Gift wrap, gift bags, tags andbows can be stored in a hanging organizer or in a plastic lidded under-bed storage box.
- At the end of the season, sort and purge your collection. Donate items you will not use next year to make space for any new ornaments or decorations you bought or received this year.
Make sure sure all decorations are protected from dirt, dust, insects, rodents, mold, or extreme temperature changes. By safely storing and clearly labeling your seasonal items, it will make decorating easier and more enjoyable.
On Task Organizing, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com