In many homes, a bonus room or spare bedroom is used as a craft room. These rooms can be used for a variety of hobbies such as sewing, knitting, painting, or scrapbooking. Oftentimes, these spaces can become disorganized with the various small craft supplies needed to create each project. There are so many benefits to finally decluttering and organizing a craft room. Here are 11 reasons to organize your craft room:
1. To motivate yourself to finish a craft project you’ve already started.
2. To make your crafting hobby even more enjoyable with a visually pleasing and organized space.
3. To create a dedicated workspace for crafting.
4. To be able to work on a hobby whenever you feel like it, without taking too much time to clean up or set up a place to paint, knit, scrapbook, sew, etc.
5. To save time searching for things while you are working on your craft projects.
6. To make sure supplies can be put away easily and properly.
7. To save money, by not buying things you already own because you can find everything.
8. To be able to teach your craft to others such as friends, family or students.
9. To have a space to make gifts for others.
10. To make money by selling your crafts online or at craft fairs.
11. To lower stress by relaxing and unwinding while crafting.
The main benefit of organizing any area is that you and your family will save time searching for items resulting in less stress and chaos. If you live in the Raleigh, North Carolina area and need hands-on organizing assistance or want a do-it-yourself plan, I’d love to help you. If you live elsewhere, I offer virtual organizing services via FaceTime and Skype to help you with any size organizing project. Please contact me for a free phone consultation to get started.