Whether you’re an elementary school student, an adult going back to college or anywhere in between, it is very important to have a set space to do homework and study. I often help my home organizing clients to create an organized study space. Here are just some reasons why you should organize a homework or study area in your home.
12 Reasons to Organize a Study Area
1. To save time searching for items you cannot find. From pens to paper and other study supplies, if everything is organized, you’ll be able to find it faster.
2. To have all study supplies in reach, giving you or your child fewer excuses to step away from the homework area.
3. To create a more comfortable workspace with the correct chair, desk and ergonomic set-up.
4. To give you or your child a separate space designated for doing homework and studying only.
5. To eliminate eye strain by setting up the correct lighting in the study space.
6. To reduce distractions in this study space.
7. For a more visually appealing workspace that makes you or your child want to spend time in the study area.
8. To make it easier to manage cords and charge electronics.
9. To prevent school papers, event announcements and items that need a parent signature from being forgotten or lost.
10. To save money by not repurchasing items you know you own but cannot find.
11. Better organization can improve focus and productivity.
12. Less clutter and more organization will make putting things away and cleaning the study space easier and faster.