A drop zone is that one place in your home where your family can find important and regularly used things that they often take with them each day. This is usually set up near the most frequently used door. Decluttering, setting up organizational systems, and using the right storage products can really improve the functionality of a drop zone.
19 Reason to Organize a Home Drop Zone
1. To save time each morning.
2. To make it easier to get out the door each day.
3. To be ready for inclement weather by having an umbrella, rain coat, hats, boots, etc. nearby.
4. To prevent mud and water from tracking into your home.
5. To charge phones, tablets and laptops in one place.
6. To have a place to put your daily mail.
7. To have an area to drop your wallet, purse etc.
8. To have a place to hang the keys, so everyone can find keys when needed.
9. To keep track of school work, field trip permission slips & report cards.
10. To have one place to look at the family calendar.
11. To have a place to keep a running grocery list.
12. To have a menu planning area.
13. To have a place for stamps, envelopes and mailing supplies.
14. To not lose the checkbook!
15. To save money by not misplacing unpaid bills.
16. To keep clutter from piling on your kitchen table, kitchen counter, or living room coffee table.
17. To reduce family arguments.
18. To have a place for various reminders for all family members.
19. To lower stress.
For further information on creating a drop zone in your home, check out my blog article, “Organizing a Home Drop Zone.”
The main benefit of organizing any area is that you and your family will save time searching for items resulting in less stress and chaos. If you live in the Raleigh, North Carolina area and need hands-on organizing assistance or want a do-it-yourself plan, I’d love to help you. If you live elsewhere, I offer virtual organizing services via FaceTime and Skype to help you with any size organizing project. Please contact me for a free phone consultation to get started.