Although most documents can now be accessed digitally, paper organization can still be a challenge in households. Mail and papers from work and school can easily become overwhelming. Setting up an organized system to manage household paperwork can be beneficial. Here’s a look at 20 reasons to organize your household paperwork.
1. To easily locate important records and information when needed.
2. To eliminate overwhelming paper piles.
3. To make sure all mail is read and processed.
4. To have the details of upcoming events received by paper invitation.
5. To avoid late fees by having bills organized and paid on time.
6. To quickly be able to provide vital information if there is an emergency.
7. To make it easier to file your tax returns.
8. To keep better track of financial records.
9. To keep track of receipts.
10. To have insurance information ready if needed.
11. To update your schedule based on school, church and activity calendars.
12. To gather essential documents (birth certificates, social security cards, etc.) to move to a safe deposit box.
13. To provide information such as your will, health care directives and passwords to financial accounts to family members in case of your hospitalization or death.
14. To have easy access to user manuals should something in your home need repair.
15. To keep track of coupons, rebates and sales flyers.
16. To keep better track of your child’s school activities, making sure permission slips are signed.
17. To retain immunization records and other frequently needed information for childcare centers, schools and camp forms.
18. To have an accurate health history on file for all family members.
19. To prepare papers for scanning.
20. To be able to retain necessary documents in an organized filing system.
The main benefit of organizing any area of your home is that you and your family will save time searching for items resulting in less stress and chaos. If you live in the Raleigh, North Carolina area and need hands-on organizing assistance or want a do-it-yourself plan, I’d love to help you. If you live elsewhere, I offer virtual organizing services via FaceTime and Skype to help you with any size organizing project. Please contact me for a free phone consultation to get started.