As a Professional Organizer, I am often assisting people as they prepare for a move, or as they unpack in a new home. Moving is one of the most stressful life events, and it can easily make you feel overwhelmed. Here are 5 ways to make your move less stressful.
- To save time labeling boxes, select a different color of duct tape to represent each room. Create a master list designating a color for each room, and place a roll of that color tape in the room as you pack.
- Declutter before you move so there will be less to pack and unpack.
- Keep irreplaceable items and important documents with you when you move.
- Pack a couple of days of clothing, toiletries and medications as if you were going on a trip, bring those with you in bags on moving day.
- Take photos of furniture and other important items before the move, if anything is damaged in the move, you will have proof of the original condition.