Organizing outdoor areas is often overlooked when working on a home organizing project. Remember that keeping the outside of your home organized is very important to give your home a neat appearance and curb appeal. Obviously, taking care of your lawn, gardens, and keeping your home clean and in good repair will help you to keep the rest of your outdoor area tidy. Below are some tips to best organize the outdoor areas of your home.
- Keep your front porch as clutter free as possible.
- Storage benches can hold items such as potting soil or toys.
- A grill cover will protect your grill, and keep it looking clean.
- Grilling tools can be stored on hooks or in a barbecue tool case.
- Items such as citronella candles and bug spray can be stored in outdoor storage cabinets or lidded bins on the deck when not in use.
- Metal or plastic storage containers can hold items such as birdseed or bags of potting soil.
- Patio furniture covers will help protect outdoor furniture.
- Deck boxes are a great place to store patio furniture cushions during the off seasons.
Trash, Recycling & Yard Waste
- Designate one area for garbage bins, recycling bins and yard waste bins.
- For a tidier look, store these bins in hidden areas, such as behind a small fence or bush, under a deck, or inside your garage or shed.
Sheds & Garages
- Declutter your garage and shed at least annually to keep the area better organized.
- Designate zones with sections for tools, sporting equipment, gardening supplies, etc.
- Use shelving and hooks and peg boards to make the best use of wall storage.
- Do not store cardboard boxes in garages or sheds, instead use plastic lidded bins, since these protect items from outdoor pests, water, and hold up better in areas that are not climate controlled.
If you keep your outdoor areas well organized, you will find it easier to do yard work, garden, and other outdoor activities.
On Task Organizing, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com