Do you have family or friends visiting soon and a disorganized guest room? This is a common home organizing problem. The room where you host guests often becomes cluttered in between visitors. Whether it is a spare room, bonus room, or dedicated guest bedroom, the space can quickly become a catch-all for random items.
12 tips to create a calm and relaxing guest room in your home:
2. Declutter the guest room. Remove all items that do not belong in this space.
3. Make space for clothing. Add a luggage rack, empty dresser drawers, or a create space in the closet for your guests’ clothing.
4. Clean all bedding, or perhaps put new linens on the guest bed and provide extra blankets.
5. Next to the bed, place a working lamp, a clock, a box of tissues, and an outlet or charging station within easy reach for laptops and mobile devices.
6. If your home has a wireless network, include a note with the network password on the bedside table.
7. Add a hook to the back of the door to hold a robe. You could even provide a clean fresh bathrobe for that additional hotel touch.
8. Provide a clean set of towels for your guests.
9. In the bathroom, take a few hotel sized toiletries, and place them in a drawer or tray on the bathroom counter. Also, have a hair dryer available for guests to use.
10. If you live in a tourist location, you can include brochures, maps, menus, or a list of places and activities they may consider visiting during their stay.
11. Thoroughly clean both the guest bedroom and bathroom.
12. To complete hotel touch, add a fragrant spray or cut flowers to the room.
If you feel overwhelmed with your guest room, a professional organizer can help to efficiently and effectively declutter, organize, and prepare the room for visitors; saving you time, and lowering stress. For more information on how On Task Organizing can help, please call 919-561-0885 for a free phone consultation.